Kanabec Area Chamber Foundation Business Development Education
Scholarship Program Application
All contents contained will remain confidential between applicant, the Kanabec Area Chamber Foundation (KACF) Board and the Executive Director. Scholarship awards will be made solely at the discretion of the KACF Board of Directors. Application does not guarantee an award of scholarship. The KACF reserves the right to disperse funds at its discretion.
Maximum amount overall distribution: $1,500/year.
Individual Requesting Scholarship
Name: ___________________________________ Phone Number: _____________________________
Street Address: ______________________________________
City: _____________________ State: ________ Zip Code: ____________
Amount of Scholarship Requested: $________________
Individual’s Relation to Business: _________________________________________________________
Business Name: ______________________________ Phone Number: ___________________________
Street Address: _________________________________________
City: _____________________ State: _________ Zip Code: _____________
Owner or Manager Name: _________________________________________
Upon acceptance of Kanabec Area Chamber Foundation’s Scholarship Award:
You may be photographed and articled in the local media.
It is required that you fulfill your scholarship use within one year or forfeit award.
The Kanabec Area Chamber Foundation requires proof of valid driver’s license or legal I.D.
Scholarship funds will be dispersed to recipient once proof of completion and passing grade has been provided and will not be used for costs incurred prior to scholarship acceptance. Reimbursement will be in the amount of award only.
Scholarship award is non-transferrable.
You may be asked to speak at the Mora Area Chamber’s Annual Meeting, Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre or other Mora Area Chamber events regarding KACF Scholarship Award Program.
Please answer the following questions openly and with as much detail as possible. Attach additional paper as necessary.
1. Reason for Application (ie: Personal growth? Business development?):
2. What are you are doing in your current employment position that you feel this education/training would enhance?
3. How will continuing your education/training benefit your employer, overall?
4. How will this education/training benefit you in your business career?
5. Scholarship funds will be used specifically for:
Trade school (example – flower design)?
Continuing education (example – QuickBooks)?
Materials for school?
6. Is this course required for you to retain your current employment position?
7. What is the total dollar amount of your education/training?
8. Name and location of facility offering education/training you have applied for?
9. When is the education/training you have applied for being taken?
10. If you are awarded a portion of this scholarship, and it does not cover the entire amount requested, would you still be able to proceed with your education/training?