Highway 65 in Cambridge, Edgewood, reduced to single lane in each direction July 24 through fall 2017
ST CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists who travel Highway 65 through Cambridge and Edgewood will encounter delays during peak travel times after the road becomes a single lane in each direction, and several other traffic changes begin, after 6 a.m. Monday, July 24.
Motorists should plan their travel and expect the following traffic changes on Highway 65 between 305th Avenue and 357th Avenue beginning the morning of July 24:
- Crews will close the existing lanes of northbound Highway 65 between 305th Avenue and 357th Avenue.
- Highway 65 will become a single lane in each direction with head-to-head traffic switched to the existing southbound side of the road while crews work on the new, future northbound lanes.
- The posted speed limit on Highway 65 between 305th Avenue and 357th Avenue will be reduced to 55 miles per hour.
- Main Street N in Cambridge at the Highway 65/Main Street N/Palisade Drive NE intersection will close through late August. The Highway 65/Palisade Drive NE intersection will remain open.
- Isanti County Road 43 at Highway 65 will temporarily close in August. A signed detour will be posted. More information on this closure will be issued as details become available.
- The ramps at the Highway 65/Highway 95 will close for resurfacing in August. More information on those closures will be issued as details become available.
- Get map.
Motorists who travel Highway 65 through Cambridge should plan their travel, expect additional travel time during peak travel times, and watch for construction crews, heavy equipment and slow or stopped or traffic.
The work and lane closures are part of 2017-2018 project to improve Highway 65 between Cambridge and the Isanti/Anoka county line, located south of Isanti, near Bethel. The project will resurface the roadway, extend turn lanes, repair or replace drainage infrastructure, resurface the Highway 65/Highway 95 interchange ramps in Cambridge, make intersection improvements, upgrade signal systems and improve pedestrian accessibility along the corridor.
When complete in 2018, the project will improve the ride, drainage and safety along 14 miles of Highway 65.
Stay informed about the Highway 65 project
To get future project updates, including advance notification of traffic changes, sent directly to your inbox, visit the project’s website at www.mndot.gov/d3/h65isanti, then click “Email updates” in the right-hand column.
To receive updates on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, check www.511mn.org.